Manama, Aug. 26 (BNA): The precautionary measures set by the National Medical Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus during the commemoration of Ashoora have welcomed by Al-Ajam Grand Community Centre (Matam Al-Ajam Al-Kabeer), noting that they reflect appreciation for the Ashoora rituals, and show keenness to perform them within a secure health atmosphere.
In a statement, Al-Ajam Grand Community Centre Chairman, Mohammed Abbas Biljeek, urged full commitment to the measures aimed at protecting public health and safety, noting that community centres’ leaders and officials must ensure full commitment to the preventive measures, including wearing face masks, social distancing, sanitisation and not allowing children, the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions to attend.
He stressed that attendees must commit to commemorate Ashoora in their areas and in their designated community centres, so that their movement does not contribute to the spread of infection.
Mohammed Abbas Biljeek affirmed that commitment to the precautionary measures is a both a national duty and a social responsibility to which everyone must adhere to achieve public safety.
Earlier today, National Medical Task Force for Combatting the Coronavirus approved a set of specific rules to be followed during the commemoration of Ashoora. They included:
- The attendees, while listening to the speaker, will sit on chairs placed outside the community center and spaced two meters apart in both directions as per the area available.
- Participants will not leave their places as they mark the commemoration.
- If the Hussainite Commission, the community centre officials or organisers see the possibility to form a procession, it will be confined to the area adjacent to the centre. Participants have to be fully committed to the social distancing rule to ensure the health and safety of all people. All precautionary measures will be upheld under the supervision of the community center committees.
- The community centre leaders and officials must ensure full commitment to the preventive measures and a center committee must make sure that everyone is wearing a face mask and complying with the social distancing rule and that necessary disinfection operations are carried out regularly.
- Children, the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions are not allowed to attend.
- Sanitisers containing at least 70% alcohol should be available in different areas of the area and tissue papers should be provided.
- Attendees must commit to commemorate Ashoora their areas and in their designated community centers, so that their movement does not contribute to the spread of infection. There is also a commitment to prevent the distribution of food and water.