Manama, Aug. 5 (BNA): The Minister of Finance and National Economy (MOFNE), HE Shaikh Salman bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, today announced the completion of procedures related to the cancellation of fees for 200 government services across the Kingdom’s key sectors.
The steps taken are in line with the directives of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa to support citizens by re-evaluating various fees for government services, and are also based on the recent orders of the Prime Minister, His Royal Highness Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, to cancel the fees of various government services across 10 government entities.
HE noted that these directives will further strengthen and develop the national economy in line with the Kingdom’s Fiscal Balance Program. HE went on to highlight the government’s commitment to the Kingdom’s wide-ranging economic development, adding that the selected services have been drawn from across the Kingdom’s key sectors.
HE noted that the steps taken are aimed at meeting the aspirations of Bahrain’s citizens, as well as facilitate procedures for investors supporting the Kingdom’s economic and commercial activities. HE further reiterated the government’s continued commitment to providing high quality services to Bahrain’s citizens.
The government services that are free of charge include the following:
1. Fees for issuing copies of government school students certificates (intermediate and secondary)
2. Fees for endorsement verification of degree certificates
3. Fees for updating the information in the national identity card for the elderly
4. Fees for assigning power of attorney to university students
5. Fees related to university scholarship agreements abroad
6. Fees related to authenticate a marriage contract
7. Fees covering the personal status of individuals within cases related to family rights
8. Fees related to gifting real estate contracts
9. Fees for changing a company's commercial name
10. Fees for the establishment of private training institutions concerned with providing training and qualifying trainees.
11. Fees for registering individuals’ patents
12. Fees related to issuance of environmental data and digital map