Unidentified gunman opens fire on empty bus in Petra

  • article

Amman, Aug. 24 (BNA): A Jordanian security source has said that no tourists or guides were on board a Petra Region Authority bus, which came under fire in the southern region this morning.


According to the Jordan News Agency (Petra), the source was dismissing news website reports that tourist guides had been on board the "empty" bus, adding that the vehicle only suffered damage.


The source said the shooting was likely due to a dispute between "persons in the area."


A spokesman for the Public Security Department said earlier that it had received reports that shots were fired by an unknown person on the bus, adding that an investigation into the incident was underway.


WHQ