Manama, Mar. 29 (BNA): The Deputy Prime Minister, His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, today chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting, held remotely.
The Cabinet extended their congratulations to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, and to His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, on the success of the 2021 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix. The Cabinet noted that the success of the international race, despite the exceptional circumstances presented by COVID-19, has reinforced the Kingdom’s position as a respected host of major international sporting events, adding sincere thanks to the efforts of Team Bahrain.
The Cabinet highlighted the telephone call received by His Majesty the King from the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, on the subject of the Saudi Crown Prince’s announcement of the Green Saudi and Green Middle East initiatives, meeting the economic and social challenges of regional and international environmental issues, with HM the King affirming the Kingdom's readiness and commitment to supporting both initiatives to protect the environment.
The Cabinet welcomed the initiative announced by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to reach a comprehensive political solution in the Republic of Yemen. The Cabinet commended Saudi Arabia’s efforts, led by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, in support of security, peace and regional and international stability.
Furthermore, the Cabinet praised the success of the Arab Republic of Egypt’s response to the shipping incident in the Suez Canal, and expressed appreciation for Egypt’s role in securing the stability of maritime trade lanes.
The Cabinet expressed its sincere condolences to the President, government and citizens of the Arab Republic of Egypt, on the loss of life from the passenger train collision in the Sohag Governorate, and further wished those injured in the incident a speedy recovery.
The Cabinet discussed a number of memorandums during the meeting and outlined the following outcomes:
Firstly: The Approval of the following memorandums:
1. A memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on the agreement between the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the government of the People's Republic of China on the mutual establishment of cultural centres, which aim to enrich and enhance cultural cooperation between the two countries.
2. A memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal Affairs on the Executive Program of the Cultural Agreement between the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities and the Ministry of Culture, Antiquities and Tourism of the People's Republic of China for the years 2021-2025, on enhancing bilateral cultural cooperation through joint cultural events and exhibitions and the exchange of delegations and experiences.
3. A memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs, regarding its views on a number of recommendations submitted by municipal councils to the Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs and Urban Planning.
4. A memorandum of the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government's responses to 6 proposals, and two legislative proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives, and a legislative proposal submitted by the Shura Council.
Secondly: The Cabinet reviewed the following topic:
1. A memorandum by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs regarding the executive status of a number of projects implemented within the framework of the Government Action Plan (2019-2022).